Nearest places of interest: Alexander Nevsky Lavra, Beloselskikh-Belozerskikh Palace, Anichkov Bridge
Nearest metro station: Ploshad Vosstania (walking distance - 2 minutes - across the street)
The Oktiabrskaya Hotel is one of the oldest St. Petersburg hotels located in the central part of the city where two main avenues Nevsky & Ligovsky meet just in front of Moskovsky Railway station. In the second half of the 19th century the hotel was reconstructed and renovated several times, it used to change its owners and names as well. After Znamenskaya it became Severnaya, then it was renamed into Big Severnaya and finally in 1918 it got its current name - the Oktiabrskaya Hotel.
After the revolution of 1917 the hotel premises were given for the needs of the October Railway Administration. The railway workers and the Red army soldiers used to stay at Oktiabrskaya hotel at that time. Then it was used as a hostel for hundreds of homeless children. From 1942 to 1944 there was a hospital where suffered from the starvation Leningrad citizens were treated, from February of 1944 till the end of the Great Patriotic War in May of 1945 there was a head quarters of the Estonian Government.
The Oktiabrskaya Hotel is able to accommodate up to 1,000 guests in rooms of its 2 blocks: "Oktiabrsky" and "Ligovsky". There are more than 600 rooms and suites in the hotel complex. All rooms have a bathroom, long-distance telephones, satellite TV, refrigerators. Some rooms have a view of the city prospect. The affiliated branch of the Oktiabrskaya Hotel is located just across its main building. All rooms of the affiliated branch were completely refurbished in 2001 to meet the international standards of quality. The only difference between rooms of the main and the affiliated branch is the room space. The rooms at the branch are smaller.
Peaceful and quiet, with spacious halls and comfortable furniture, the hotel helps to relax both a tourist and a businessman .